Welcome to Zenith Climbing Center
We’re so glad you’re here!
Please take a moment to review our policies.
- Anytime we are open is open climb! You do not have to take a class or have any prior experience to come climb in our bouldering areas or use the auto-belays (if you don’t know what any of that is that’s okay! We’ll show you around when you get here.)
- Rock climbing is dangerous, so we take safety very seriously and expect all participants to do the same.
- All participants must fill out a waiver and check in at the front desk before using the facility. Anyone under 18 must have a waiver filled out by a parent or legal guardian.
- Climbing shoes are required while climbing. You can bring your own, or we have some you can rent.
- We do not have staff belayers unless you schedule a ‘pro-belay’ one week in advance. Without a belayer you will have access to the bouldering walls, kids area, and four auto-belays but not the top-roping walls. (Still plenty to climb and get tired out on, trust us!)
- All those who would like to belay in the facility must pass our belay certification test. We follow the American Mountain Guide Association’s teachings and the American Alpine Club’s Universal Belay Standard. Don’t worry, it’s free to take the test!
- If you do not know how to belay or need a refresher, you may practice elsewhere or take our Climbing 101 class.
- Due to safety concerns and liability, we cannot give you instruction anytime except during a full Climbing 101 class and we cannot allow you to practice or teach in the facility.
- Youth under 14 are not permitted to “top out” on the bouldering wall, may not belay, and must be directly supervised by an adult at all times. Exceptions may be made by Zenith instructors.
- If you have any questions or concerns at all, please don’t hesitate to ask a staff member! We’re always happy to help. Enjoy your climb!
For a full list of rules, please see posters located inside the gym.
These rules are in place because we value your safety and because we are happy to comply with the standards set by the Climbing Wall Association and our insurance providers.
*Non-Compliance may result in the loss of climbing privileges*